I finished up my first unit of 30 Daemonettes this last week. I started the first 10 basic troops back in the summer, but I could not motivate myself to finish them. I found some shortcuts with my painting technique for the Core troops of the army. Basically, I prime grey, then give a black wash. Instead of starting with a dark grey and working up like I did on the Soul Grinder. So I painted 17 of them in a assembly line and went back and lightened the skin tone of the ones I had already completed.
Thanks to Bull City Wargaming Podcast to get me motivated again to start painting.
Here is the whole unit.
My BSB, the only thing in the army that will have a different color than 3 used on everything else. I still cannot decide what to put on it. Right now I am thinking about some stitching and some faces peering out. I am terrible at freehand, so any ideas are welcome.
Here are some basic troopers so you can see what I have been doing. Some of the heads come from the Seekers kit.
Enjoy!
those look killer, makes me even more eager to start painting my Middenhiem Army for some reason. One thing especially about these is the dark skin, which seems to be pretty rare on the daemonettes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words. I have always liked Slaanesh, but never bought into the pastel pinks and purple. I had a darker tone, but I have never been good at highlighting black. So I lightened it some.
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for a while and have passed on a Liebster award to you. Check it out Here
ReplyDeletehttp://mlwodementia.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-little-world-get-liebster-award.html
ColkG
Thanks, I'll post it forward in a few days. In the hospital with my new baby boy and future Everchosen :). He arrived early Thanksgiving morning.
ReplyDelete