Monday, October 29, 2012

Monster Mash

I have been working on my Soul Grinder for the painting competition over at Bull City Wargaming.  So here it is.

The colors I use are the following:
Blue - Enchanted, Teclis, Ice, Etherium (Drybrush), and then Guilliman (Glaze)
Grey - Mechanicus Standard, Black Wash, Stormvermin Fur, Dawnstone. Fortress, and Longbeard (Drybrush)
Yellow - Iyanden, Yriel, Sunburst, Bleached Bone

The photos flashed out the grey a bit.  I think it looks more blended under normal lighting. Only conversions are the tongue and shield in the front.  The tongue is from the spawn kit, which I stole the idea from the WD article a month or so ago.  I kept the torso and abdomen the same grey as I wanted to keep the colors simple.  I am still only using those three colors for my entire Daemon Army.  I feel Daemons don't use metal, they use what they interpret metal to be from our own minds.  Daemons are our fears come real, and in my opinion they follow different laws of physics than our own material plane.







I am really enjoying the new drybrush paints and glazes, and I think my painting has improved overnight.  Enjoy!  I have a whole slew of monster pictures that I painted over the summer which I will post in a few days.

3 comments: