I also finished the first unit of knights. I think I will be expanding it to either 10 or 12 models. Right now I have 7, but in 8th the second rank gets 1 attack so I am leaning towards 12. The champion is a mix of the General and Knightly Orders kit. Basically all the bitz I didn't use for the Pegasus.
The pictures didn't come out as well this time, and I think they look much better in person. It was also a bit humid and my dull coate fogged up just a little bit. I should have waited for a better day, but I am impatient.
I also finished the Hellblaster. The one cool thing about this model is that you can use it either as a HB or as the rocket battery. I assembled 2 additional crew modeled as rocket reloaders but didn't take any pictures of them. I still need to paint up the rocket battery part. The crew chief is ace and can easily be used as an engineer.
In between painting troops I painted some character models: a Lore of Metal/Shadow wizard, another warrior priest, a captain, and an engineer. For the captain I attempted to make the raven look more like a seagull.
I also finished the handgunner regiment. This was going to be a detachment, but I think I will use crossbowmen instead so my marksmen can get a Hochland for some sniper action.
Here is a pic of what is painted so far.
I hope you enjoyed this update. Next up are Greatswords and Knights. The plastic greatswords are some of the best models I have seen, and even though they are expensive I think they will come in handy in 8th Ed. (I got them as part of 2 battalian boxes so they become a bit cheaper that way). I plan on using a unit 7x3 which would allow the maximum number of attacks against a 5 man frontal unit with another rank for soaking up casualties.
I will be in a 2250 pt hard core tournament this weekend. Here is the pic of my army on a magnetic bulletin board. Makes transport so much easier.
Those Empire guys are coming together really well.
ReplyDeleteNo Warshrine this time for Chaos?
No, I only take the warshrine when I use Chosen. The 1000 point core minimum made me change the Chosen in regular CW.
ReplyDelete